Thursday, September 9, 2010

Purity Ring Search

This is the purity ring I wear

It was in the middle of the summer and my best friends birthday was fast approaching. We have shared everything since the age of six and yet I was drawing a blank at what to get the person I knew better than anyone for her birthday. Suddenly it hit me, the perfect gift for the best girl I knew, a purity ring. Just last week we sat in on a class at our church. The class taught about the trials of being a teenager in this day and age, and the meaning behind taking a stand and making a promise of purity until marriage. The class had really resonated with the two of us and together we took a pledge to stay faithful and pure until the day we marry. It was a great feeling and I knew getting her a purity ring to show her new commitment to the world would be the perfect gift. Now the question simply was, where to find one?

I hopped in my Xterra and began my search to find the perfect purity ring. My first guess in where to look was the local Christian bookstore. When I pulled up I saw they were having a sale on the new Veggie Tales DVD which excited me probably more than it should have. Veggie Tales not only carries a good message in each episode, but does it with great sense of character and comedic value. I picked up the new DVD and asked to be directed to their purity rings section. I was shocked when they tell told that they did not currently carry any purity rings in the store, but they did in fact have a vast collection of w.w.j.d. bracelets in every color imaginable. I left the store with a new DVD in hand but no purity ring. Next stop was the malls jewelry store. I entered the store and was greeted instantly by a man in a burgundy suit. He was looking sharp and I think he knew it. I asked to see his collection of purity rings and received a look I will not soon forget. He looked more lost than a man on an island hearing whispers from the sky. I tried to explain to him what I was looking for and the meaning of the ring. He actually laughed and told me that they weren’t real. I couldn’t tell if this man was joking or not, so decided to thank him for his time, complimented the suit, and walked out. 

At this point I was at a loss. Where do I find these rings. I had seen plenty of people in church group wearing them so I knew they existed. I went home and popped in my new veggie tales DVD. As I was just getting into the tomato’s opening monologue it hit me like a ton of bricks! Check the Internet! It suddenly seemed so simple. I opened up my computer and literally typed to the words purity ring into Google. Right away I got a full page of links for the elusive purity rings. The top site I found was called cornerstone jewelry designs. I was blown away by the selection and the pleasant layout and design. No creepy man suits, no distracting DVDs, just a great selection of quality jewelry. I took my time and picked the perfect ring for my friend. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience and will be telling all my friends where I found these great rings. I even got one for myself to wear. Cornerstone jewelry designs were a lifesaver for me and definitely have my recommendation. I cant wait for the party!